MLB · AL Central · Est. 1901 · Guaranteed Rate Field
Chicago White Sox
Current Leadership
Chairman & Principal Owner
Jerry Reinsdorf, a real estate mogul and tax attorney, has owned the White Sox since leading a group that purchased the team in 1981 for $19 million. Under his ownership, the White Sox won the 2005 World Series, ending an 88-year championship drought. Reinsdorf also owns the Chicago Bulls and is one of the most influential owners in professional sports, though his tenure with the White Sox has been marked by periods of extreme frugality and the historically poor 2024 season.
Senior Vice President & Chief Revenue Officer
Brooks Boyer has been one of the most visible executives in the White Sox front office, overseeing the team's business operations and revenue generation. He has played a key role in the franchise's efforts to modernize its brand and improve the fan experience at Guaranteed Rate Field amid challenging on-field results.
Manager
| Name | Position | Since |
|---|---|---|
| Will Venable | Manager | 2025 |
Coaching Staff
| Name | Position | Since |
|---|---|---|
| Walker McKinven | Bench Coach | 2025 |
| Zach Bove | Pitching Coach | 2026 |
| Bobby Hearn | Assistant Pitching Coach | 2026 |
| Charlie Tilson | Third Base Coach | 2025 |
| Chris Getz | First Base Coach | 2025 |
Historical Figures
Former Owner
Bill Veeck, one of baseball's most colorful and innovative owners, owned the White Sox twice - first from 1959 to 1961 and again from 1975 to 1981. Known for his promotional genius and fan-first philosophy, Veeck staged the infamous Disco Demolition Night in 1979. Financial pressures eventually forced him to sell the team to Jerry Reinsdorf's group.
Founding Owner
Charles Comiskey founded the White Sox as a charter member of the American League in 1900 and built Comiskey Park, the team's home for 80 years. His notoriously low salaries and poor treatment of players were considered contributing factors to the 1919 Black Sox scandal, in which eight players conspired to fix the World Series. The Comiskey family retained ownership until the 1950s.